WE LOVE … Sarah Rutson
What women want
After more than 30 years as a chief buyer in the luxury trade, the British Sarah Rutson has found her new vocation: From Los Angeles, she turns the label "Equipment" into the new favorite label for modern business women with a lot of sensitivity and know-how.
For Madame she reveals her formula for success:
1. „My sense of humor and also the fact that I have huge amounts of energy. These are my secret weapons in daily business.“
2. „For me, a good balance to the job is art. It feeds my soul and inspires me immensely. The Marciano Art Foundation in Los Angeles is great - and just around the corner from my house.“
3. „Equipment should become a lifestyle brand - that is the vision. How can this be achieved? By motivating my employees, listening to them and offering them sufficient freedom to develop.“
4. „A cropped slim jeans by Current/Elliott Jeans, a silk blouse by Equipment and in winter a waisted blazer jacket - my business uniform has definitely adapted to the casualness here in Los Angeles.“
5. „The best experience of my life was moving to Hong Kong for a while at the age of 24.“
Shoe designer Tabitha Simmons has created a 17-piece capsule collection for "Equipment" - inspired by English wallpaper art and the movie icon Charlotte Rampling.
Adult, elegant and easy to wear: this is what a good business wardrobe looks like for Sarah Ruston.
The red Mary-Janes made of suede are suitable for power meetings as well as party dresses.